Monday, April 1, 2013

Black Bean & Quinoa Soup

I just finished eating lunch and it was delicious.  

On Saturday, I was browsing Facebook and saw a post by the Post Punk Kitchen about a Black Bean & Quinoa Soup recipe.  The picture looked delicious so I decided to make it.  I changed up the recipe a bit to suit my own taste and utilize what was already in my cupboards.  

You can check out the recipe here.  It's easy, pretty quick, and SO GOOD!  I used two 15 ounce cans of black beans instead of 1 24 oz can.  I skipped the red pepper flakes because I'm a huge wimp.  I also used 1 can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes because that's what I had on hand.   

The additional canned goods will add sodium, so be careful if you're watching your sodium intake.  I skipped the olive oil and pinch of salt when sauteing the onion because I used a non-stick pan.  I only used 2 cups of vegetable broth because I like my "soup" to be heartier like a stew.  I could have used 3 but I think 4 would have made things too soupy for my taste.  

This will be a new staple in my menu planning.  It's so good that I've eaten it for most meals over the last few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment