Friday, March 29, 2013

About Me


About Me

Hi, I’m Molly.  I am a 27 year old mother from Michigan.  Molly MacVegan will focus on my journey to becoming a vegan.  There is a crisis surrounding our food industry in the United States.  Many documentaries explain the dangers of the American diet and the cruelty to animals within the food industry. 

When my son was a year old he transitioned from breast milk to cow’s milk.  For the next year and a half he experienced frequent ear infections, colds, and allergies.  My mother suggested I consider removing milk from his diet.  Milk was the only thing he consumed every day so I thought I would give it a try.  After removing milk from his diet 3 years ago, he has not suffered from an ear infection since.

Over the last seven years, I have struggled with managing my weight and health.  Food has become an addiction in my life.  I have tried many methods to improve my health and reach my weight loss goals…Weight Watchers, counting calories, exercising excessively.  Although I may have had temporary success, I always ended up putting the weight back on. 

In the last year, I have been noticing significant problems with my health.  I am sick.  I am poisoning my body with food.  I am experiencing pain in my knees and become winded upon walking up a flight of stairs. I experience extreme fatigue and lack of energy.  I have frequent headaches and sinus infections.  I have started to experience acid reflux issues and have even been woken up in the night because of this.  I am snoring and snoring LOUDLY, which may be impacting my sleep cycles. 

The bottom line is, I am the mother of an active 5 year old boy who needs his mom to be healthy.  I became vegetarian last year but that meant I increased my consumption of dairy products significantly.  After discussion with others and research, I am a firm believer in the health benefits and healing components of a plant based diet. 



My blog will document my journey to becoming a vegan.  I will share recipes, ideas, struggles, and successes as I change my life.  I will also explore the importance of the anti-cruelty movement and protection of all animals.

Please read the following article which gives a little information about someone who already made this transition and turned their health around:

No comments:

Post a Comment